Terrence Howard: I Never Threatened to Kill My Wife
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 18
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 18
- Photo: .3 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: NPA/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 18
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 18
- Photo: RD / DiMaio/Retna Digital10 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 18
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage12 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Ltd.17 of 18
Nine months after Michelle Ghent filed for divorce from Terrence Howard, the commercial production employee filed a restraining order against the Oscar nominated actor Tuesday.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ghent alleged Howard began physically abusing her just seven days into their marriage. She claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" at one point and threatened to throw her over a balcony.
Ghent says the abuse continued throughout their one-year union, with Howard smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring. He also reportedly told her, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know."
Howard, 42, quickly filed legal papers denying that he ever threatened the life of his estranged wife. He also claims Ghent is planning to "release private materials to third parties for her own personal financial gain" unless she received monetary compensation.
The two kept their marriage a secret for four months until the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010. Howard has three kids with ex-wife, Lori McCommas, whom he wed in 1989, divorced, then married again in 2005.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »