Terrence Howard: I Never Threatened to Kill My Wife
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 18
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 18
- Photo: .3 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: NPA/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 18
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 18
- Photo: RD / DiMaio/Retna Digital10 of 18
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 18
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage12 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Ltd.17 of 18
Nine months after Michelle Ghent filed for divorce from Terrence Howard, the commercial production employee filed a restraining order against the Oscar nominated actor Tuesday.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ghent alleged Howard began physically abusing her just seven days into their marriage. She claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" at one point and threatened to throw her over a balcony.
Ghent says the abuse continued throughout their one-year union, with Howard smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring. He also reportedly told her, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know."
Howard, 42, quickly filed legal papers denying that he ever threatened the life of his estranged wife. He also claims Ghent is planning to "release private materials to third parties for her own personal financial gain" unless she received monetary compensation.
The two kept their marriage a secret for four months until the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010. Howard has three kids with ex-wife, Lori McCommas, whom he wed in 1989, divorced, then married again in 2005.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson shares our feelings of Adele's new single, Chrissy Teigen shows off her baby bump and more celebrity selfies of fall on Celebs Gone Social!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Why We Love Amy
There are literally hundreds of reasons why we love Amy Schumer, but let's check our top five!Watch Video »
Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne cozy up to Kylie Jenner and Tyga's new puppy on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the best over-the-top style trends worn by celebrities while at basketball games!Watch Video »