Theron, Beckinsale, Depp & Downey, Jr. top 2012 hot list
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News11 of 17
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: HRC/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 17
Editors at leading movie news and ticket website Fandango.com asked film fans to select the stars that turn them on in the most-anticipated releases of 2012 and the foursome came top of the separate male and female hot lists.
Theron, who will terrify as the evil queen in "Snow White & The Huntsman," has topped the women's list of sexiest female stars, beating Gravity's Sandra Bullock and Kate Beckinsale, the star of 2012 movies "Total Recall," "Underworld 4" and "Contraband," while the British actress tops the men's list, ahead of The Avengers' Scarlett Johansson.
Female poll respondents picked Johnny Depp as the sexiest guy, ahead of George Clooney, while the men gave Robert Downey, Jr. the edge over Clooney.
Also looking ahead, female moviegoers named the "Twilight finale, Breaking Dawn - Part 2," and "The Hunger Games" the most anticipated films of 2012, while men picked "The Hobbit" ahead of Marvel's "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight" sequel.
Thousands of film fans responded to the survey, which was first posted on Fandango.com Dec. 1, 2011.
The Fandango Hot List is focused on next year's films, and performers whose upcoming movies do not have a 2012 release date were not included.
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See what kinds of sweet rides Justin Bieber and more celebs tool around town in.Watch Video »
Watch this exclusive sneak peek from Monday's Sept. 10 episode on the Syfy channel at 10 PM.Watch Video »
Christina Aguilera chats with Lance Bass about performing at the AMAs, her new album and a lot more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite