Theron, Beckinsale, Depp & Downey, Jr. top 2012 hot list
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News11 of 17
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: HRC/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 17
Editors at leading movie news and ticket website Fandango.com asked film fans to select the stars that turn them on in the most-anticipated releases of 2012 and the foursome came top of the separate male and female hot lists.
Theron, who will terrify as the evil queen in "Snow White & The Huntsman," has topped the women's list of sexiest female stars, beating Gravity's Sandra Bullock and Kate Beckinsale, the star of 2012 movies "Total Recall," "Underworld 4" and "Contraband," while the British actress tops the men's list, ahead of The Avengers' Scarlett Johansson.
Female poll respondents picked Johnny Depp as the sexiest guy, ahead of George Clooney, while the men gave Robert Downey, Jr. the edge over Clooney.
Also looking ahead, female moviegoers named the "Twilight finale, Breaking Dawn - Part 2," and "The Hunger Games" the most anticipated films of 2012, while men picked "The Hobbit" ahead of Marvel's "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight" sequel.
Thousands of film fans responded to the survey, which was first posted on Fandango.com Dec. 1, 2011.
The Fandango Hot List is focused on next year's films, and performers whose upcoming movies do not have a 2012 release date were not included.
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »