Charlize Theron bullied and ignored during geeky school years
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue5 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue6 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue7 of 16
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
Stunning actress Charlize Theron was bullied at school by her female classmates and ignored by boys because of her "nerdy" glasses.
The Oscar winner is one of Hollywood's most beautiful stars, and fronts a series of perfume and fashion adverts, but she admits her looks only came later in life, leaving her at the mercy of her class' popular girls.
She tells People magazine, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of seven to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school. But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff.
"I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like (me). I didn't have any boyfriends, but (I had) lots of crushes.
"I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today. I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
Check out The Rock's best Instagram videos of 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Style Moments '14
From Kerry Washington to Emma Watson, check out the biggest style moments of 2014.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen shows off her hidden talent for magic tricks while hubby John Legend plays with his new selfie stick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Hilary's Frenchie plus more of the cutest celebri-pups to make their debut on social media in 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sienna Miller, Miranda Lambert, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOpening up
From Crowd Ignite