Tiger Woods Apologizes to Wife for His 'Infidelity,' Steps Away From Golf
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Larry Marano/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Stew Milne/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Alan Diaz/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
In a new statement, Tiger Woods apologizes to his family for his “infidelity” and says he's decided to take “an indefinite break from professional golf.”
“I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.
“I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.
“After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.
“Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.”
Keep checking back here for the latest.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite