Tom Cruise sets up page on Russian social network
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 19
- Photo: Alfaqui S.L./StarTraks7 of 19
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 19
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News/Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.11 of 19
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Star magazine/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBCU Photo Bank/NBC14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Warner Bros.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
MOSCOW (AP) — Tom Cruise has become the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the popular Russian social network VK.
RELATED: Celebs who quit Twitter
The "Mission Impossible" actor's page appeared Friday, announced by a message on Twitter saying "See you there!" in Russian.
His profile picture is a poster for his new science fiction film "Oblivion," which comes out in Russia on April 11, two weeks before it opens in the U.S.
Cruise's page is a sign of Russia's increasing box-office clout. Box-office income rose 8 percent last year to $1.3 billion, the ninth-highest in the world, and is expected to grow 9 percent this year.
VK, which is short for "In Contact," dominates the Russian social media market with more than 40 million users — about 10 times as many as use Facebook.
RELATED: The best star comebacks
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite