Twilight's Kellan Lutz: 'I'll Win an Oscar One Day'
- Photo: Gary He/Insider Images for iD Gum/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Gary He/Insider Images for iD Gum/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Grossman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Charisma/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Wonderwall12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN RUDNIK/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Kellan Lutz may be nearly done with "Twilight" -- the final installment, "Breaking Dawn - Part 2," hits theaters next month -- but his career is far from over.
"I want to act for the rest of my life," the 27-year-old tells DuJour magazine. "I'll win an Oscar one day, but I'm in no rush to get there. I don't care if that takes me 50 years, and I'm old. I just love what I do."
If the acting jobs dry up, though, the self-proclaimed science nerd has a solid plan B: chemical engineering.
Calling chemistry his "biggest passion in life," Lutz reveals that he has two top-secret patent-pending inventions in the works. In fact, he recently flew to Arizona (where his mom and several siblings live) to build his inventions with a scientist there.
"It's great because acting has given me the resources and platform to help charities but also the money to create my inventions and pay for the patent process," he explains. "Attorneys aren't cheap!"
Fortunately, the star still has a few paydays in his future. Lutz has several films set to be released in the next year or so, including "Tarzan," a remake of the 1932 movie "Tarzan the Ape Man." But first, he'll bid farewell to the "Twilight Saga" -- the franchise that gave him his big break.
"It really is bittersweet," the Breaking Dawn actor says. "It's very much like high school ... and I'm ready to graduate."
That said, he's looking forward to celebrating the release of the film with his family, friends, and co-stars.
"This is such a special moment in my life," Lutz adds. "I really just want to experience it with the people who mean the most to me."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Twilight's Kellan Lutz: "I'll Win an Oscar One Day"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite