Wahlberg brothers pay for NY company's burger name
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall3 of 16
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: COKE WHITWORTH/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: RICK MAIMAN/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 16
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Actor brothers Donnie and Mark Wahlberg have licensed the name of a hamburger from a western New York chain of drive-in-style restaurants and plan to use the name for their new eatery.
RELATED: 2011 Teen Choice Awards
Executives with Tom Wahl's tell the Democrat and Chronicle newspaper that the brothers from Boston have licensed the Wahlburger name from the company so they can use it when they and another sibling, Paul, open a burger joint named Wahlburgers Restaurant in their hometown. Tom Wahl's serves a cheeseburger called a Wahlburger and owns the federal trademark rights to the name.
Tom Wahl and his brother Bill opened the first Tom Wahl's restaurant in Avon, south of Rochester, in 1955. The chain now operates eight restaurants.
RELATED: Mark Walberg Turns 40!
The company hasn't disclosed the amount of the licensing agreement.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'I am Cait'
From Crowd Ignite