Mark Wahlberg takes his children to watch tattoo removal
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 12
Mark Wahlberg took his kids to watch his tattoo removal session in a bid to dissuade them from indulging in body art.
RELATED: Celebrity Tattoos Gone Bad
The actor decided to get rid of his "six or seven" inkings before he started shooting boxing movie "The Fighter" in 2010 to avoid sitting in the make-up chair for hours having them covered them up.
The actor decided to take his two eldest children along with him to watch the painful removal process in a bid to make sure they stay away from tattoos in the future.
RELATED: Bing: Celebrity Tattoos
He tells the "Today" show, "(All the tattoos) have meaning to me, but it's both personal and professional. I don't want my kids getting tattoos. And I wanted them to be (removed) by the time I did 'The Fighter' because putting make-up on and covering them up has always been a pain in the butt. I've taken my two older kids to the procedure so they see how painful it is and what I have to go through."
RELATED: Guess the Celeb Tattoo
Find out everything you need to know about Caitlyn Jenner in two minutes.Watch Video »
Bares it All
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuess the Ring
From Crowd Ignite