Zooey Deschanel Sues Steve Madden for $2 Million
- Photo: Leon/Retna Ltd.1 of 5
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Zooey Deschanel and Steve Madden got off on the wrong foot.
The 30-year-old "500 Days of Summer" actress filed suit against the popular shoemaker in L.A. Friday, alleging that the company made a $2 million endorsement deal with her in August that never came to fruition.
According to TMZ, Madden later told Deschanel they couldn't get retailers to support the deal, so they renegotiated for $1.5 million.
Deschanel insists she held up her end of the bargain, including terms that forced her to turn down other deals, but Madden never paid her the $1.5 million owed. In the lawsuit, the She & Him singer claims she was also promised a percentage of Madden's profits if sales reached a certain level.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite