Bobby Brown Charged With DUI in Los Angeles
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: EARL GIBSON III/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Paul Smith/FeatureFlash/Retna Ltd.4 of 22
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 22
- Photo: WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 22
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital10 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 22
- Photo: Splash News12 of 22
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP13 of 22
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP15 of 22
- Photo: NC1/WENN16 of 22
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP18 of 22
- Photo: CARL SEIBERT/Invision/AP19 of 22
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP20 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP21 of 22
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bobby Brown was charged Wednesday with three misdemeanor charges including drunken driving, two days after his afternoon arrest in suburban Los Angeles.
RELATED: Check out photos of Whitney's life
Brown faces two DUI-related counts and a charge that he was driving on a suspended license, city attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan said. One of the counts alleged the R&B singer had a blood alcohol level of more than 0.08 percent, the level at which is presumed to be driving under the influence.
A phone message for Brown's attorney, Tiffany Feder, was not immediately returned. Earlier in the day, she released a statement denying the singer was driving unsafely when he was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol on Monday afternoon.
The agency said Brown was initially stopped because he was seen talking on a cellphone without a hands-free unit, but the officer suspected the singer was impaired. Brown failed a field sobriety test, according to the CHP.
RELATED: Unconventional Hollywood families
He was released from jail without having to post bail.
"Mr. Brown is taking this matter seriously and an investigation is under way," Feder said in the statement released before her client was charged. "The legal process shall run its course."
Brown could face up to six months in jail on the DUI counts if convicted. His first court appearance is scheduled for April 16.
He is the ex-husband of singer Whitney Houston, who drowned in a bathtub on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February. He made a brief appearance at her funeral but left before the service began.
RELATED: People remember Whitney
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber has a fan encounter with a basketball legend, and more news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »