Carrie Underwood's parents refuse new home
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/© AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Carrie Underwood's parents refuse to let their daughter spoil them with her millions and have repeatedly turned down her offer to buy them a new house.
The "Jesus Takes the Wheel" singer, who shot to fame after winning "American Idol" in 2005, admits her mum Carole and father Steve prefer to live the simple life and are quite content staying in the modest Checotah, Okla., home where she was raised.
And her dad even scolded her one Christmas when Carrie -- who is reportedly worth an estimated $45 million -- offered them a $400 generator as a gift.
She tells Marie Claire magazine, "My parents are really great people who want nothing to do with any of this (fame and fortune)."
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »