Carrie Underwood's parents refuse new home
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/© AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Carrie Underwood's parents refuse to let their daughter spoil them with her millions and have repeatedly turned down her offer to buy them a new house.
The "Jesus Takes the Wheel" singer, who shot to fame after winning "American Idol" in 2005, admits her mum Carole and father Steve prefer to live the simple life and are quite content staying in the modest Checotah, Okla., home where she was raised.
And her dad even scolded her one Christmas when Carrie -- who is reportedly worth an estimated $45 million -- offered them a $400 generator as a gift.
She tells Marie Claire magazine, "My parents are really great people who want nothing to do with any of this (fame and fortune)."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »