Carrie Underwood's parents refuse new home
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/© AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Carrie Underwood's parents refuse to let their daughter spoil them with her millions and have repeatedly turned down her offer to buy them a new house.
The "Jesus Takes the Wheel" singer, who shot to fame after winning "American Idol" in 2005, admits her mum Carole and father Steve prefer to live the simple life and are quite content staying in the modest Checotah, Okla., home where she was raised.
And her dad even scolded her one Christmas when Carrie -- who is reportedly worth an estimated $45 million -- offered them a $400 generator as a gift.
She tells Marie Claire magazine, "My parents are really great people who want nothing to do with any of this (fame and fortune)."
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See what kinds of sweet rides Justin Bieber and more celebs tool around town in.Watch Video »
Watch this exclusive sneak peek from Monday's Sept. 10 episode on the Syfy channel at 10 PM.Watch Video »
Christina Aguilera chats with Lance Bass about performing at the AMAs, her new album and a lot more.Watch Video »