Carrie Underwood's parents refuse new home
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/© AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Carrie Underwood's parents refuse to let their daughter spoil them with her millions and have repeatedly turned down her offer to buy them a new house.
The "Jesus Takes the Wheel" singer, who shot to fame after winning "American Idol" in 2005, admits her mum Carole and father Steve prefer to live the simple life and are quite content staying in the modest Checotah, Okla., home where she was raised.
And her dad even scolded her one Christmas when Carrie -- who is reportedly worth an estimated $45 million -- offered them a $400 generator as a gift.
She tells Marie Claire magazine, "My parents are really great people who want nothing to do with any of this (fame and fortune)."
From Robert Pattinson to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, get all the new couple scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the hottest looks that Kim Kardashian has donned since becoming a mom.Watch Video »
Cameron's long journey to ‘Avatar’
Dec. 14: Director James Cameron sits down with "Access" to talk about his highly anticipated film,...Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »