Adele's dad 'devastated' by comments
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue8 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue9 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue10 of 16
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: @adele/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele's estranged father is "devastated" after the soul superstar declared she would "spit in his face" if she ever saw him again.
The Grammy-winning singer's father Mark Evans split from Adele's mother Penny when she was just three years old and the star has had little contact with him over the last decade. Evans sold his side of the story to a British tabloid last year, but the candid chat left Adele fuming and she is adamant any chance of a reunion has now been dashed for good.
She recently told America's Vogue magazine, "I was actually ready to start trying to have a relationship with him. He's f------ blown it ... He will never hear from me again ... If I ever see him I will spit in his face."
Evans has reached out to Adele in an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, admitting her comments hit him hard.
"I can't believe she said that," he told the publication. "It's devastating. I don't know where it's come from."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
Evans claims he last spoke to Adele at Christmas and although their communication was brief, he wished her well in her new relationship with Simon Konecki.
He adds, "He seems a lovely chap. They're made in heaven together. She deserves to be loved. It would be lovely for Adele to have a nice guy in her life and settle down."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »