Adele's estranged father eyes reconciliation after baby's birth
- Photo: Dave Hogan/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: RMBI SWIS/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: /WireImage/Rex USA/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: MWD/BSC/RPK/ZOJ/ZJZ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dmac/Rocstar/Miguel/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Reuters9 of 16
- Photo: Luke MacGregor/Reuters10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Fred Duval/FilmMagic12 of 16
- Photo: Paul Bergen/Redferns/Getty Images North America13 of 16
- Photo: Stefan M. Prager/Redferns/Getty Images North America14 of 16
- Photo: Tony Oudot/FilmMagic15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Adele's estranged father has reached out to the singer in a bid to meet the singer's baby boy and become a "proper granddad."
The Grammy-winning soul sensation's dad Mark Evans, who split from Adele's mother Penny when the star was just three years old, attempted to reconcile with the singer when he learned she was pregnant last year.
Evans has spoken out once again in a bid to get in contact with his daughter. He says he just wants to meet Adele's baby son, who was born in October and is rumored to be called Angelo James, and form a bond with his grandson - but he claims his efforts to get in touch have been snubbed.
RELATED: Celebrity rivals
He tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "I've left messages on her phone, I've written to her and I've sent her birthday and Christmas cards but it's like I'm dead to her. I'm not interested in her celebrity status or her money, I just want my daughter back and I want to be a proper granddad to the little one.
"Not only did I hear I was going to be a granddad for the first time via the media, I found out the same way that she's calling the baby Angelo James. I'd hoped so much that she'd put my late dad's name, John, in there somewhere, but alas it looks as if it is not going to be.
"[I am] missing out on so many of the joys of being a grandfather. Simple pleasures like taking him out for a walk in his buggy along the promenade at Penarth [in Wales] like I used to with Adele, then stop off for an ice cream on the way back. I want to do all the granddad stuff with him... I just want normality. I want to be like any other granddad."
In an interview which was published in Vogue magazine last year, Adele admitted she was angry at her estranged father for publicly airing his heartache, raging, "It blows my mind. 'I love her so much.' Really? Why are you telling me that through a newspaper? If I ever see him I will spit in his face."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite