Alanis Morissette: Pregnancy Was a Surprise
- Photo: VPC/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News3 of 6
- Photo: AMC/Varnedoe, PacificCoastNews.com/Pacific Coast News4 of 6
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
"I thought I wasn't. In passing, I said I was a little late. The doctor said, 'Is that normal?' [I said], 'No, not really typical for me,'" says Morissette, 36, who wed rapper Mario "Souleye" Treadway, 30, last May. After the doctor took a look, he said, "This looks like the screen of a pregnant lady. And I said, 'There's still a chance that I'm not though, yes?'" Morissette goes on. "And he said, 'Yeah, about the chance that I'm getting a sex change!'"
"I was happy," says Morissette, who is five months along. "I'm glowing!" Morissette also reveals how she was introduced to her husband."We met at a meditation ceremony at my house. He walked in and I thought, 'Wow, he's incredibly sexy!' but I had no idea what was to come of our little connection," she says. "He's awesome."She's currently writing a book, but it won't touch upon her contentious split from Dave Coulier, which inspired the lyrics to her hit "You Oughta Know"
"It's a very stream-of-consciousness book: philosophy, Q&A, not a memoir... I have no desire to rehash or tell the story of my story... ever!" she jokes.Chelsea Handler also asks if Morissette supports legalizing marijuana."I enjoy it sometimes, but not while I'm pregnant, obviously!" says the singer.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite