Alexa Ray Joel rips apart bullying commenters: 'Take a long look in the mirror'
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Alexa Ray Joel is giving the haters a taste of their own medicine. After Us Weekly posted a photo showing the singer's stunning transformation from bubbly tween to gorgeous grown-up, commenters speculated that she'd had extensive work done to look so glamorous. So Joel -- the 28-year-old daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley -- posted a comment of her own, in which she took the bullies to task for their cruel remarks. (The star herself confirms to Us it was really her who left said comment.)
"This is absolutely hysterical!!! I was 13 years old in the pic posted as a 'before.' In this latter pic, I am 28 years old [that's the age I am now]," she wrote on April 2. "I have lost weight simply from maturing, and I have fully contoured 'stage makeup' and hair done for my first debut show at the Carlyle Hotel in NYC. Obviously I'm going to look different," she added of the second photo, which was taken at her performance on April 1.
"It's called 'growing up'!" she continued. Then, addressing comments about plastic surgery speculation, she wrote, "I have only gotten one nose-job done. That is the absolute extent of the surgeries I have had. I'm very sorry to disappoint everyone who wants to believe that I have had multiple surgeries, but that just simply isn't true." The only "secret" to her good looks, she added, is "makeup and a push-up bra."
"I tend to favor an ultra-glam, dramatic look when I am performing -- especially at such a dressy venue," Joel wrote of the Carlyle, which has played host to performers including Bobby Short, Woody Allen, and Eartha Kitt. "Anyways...sorry to disappoint everyone...I don't have low self-esteem at all, contrary to all of your unsubstantiated opinions, and I accept and love myself for exactly who I am, as every empowered woman should!"
She wrapped up her comment with a final, piercing message to the haters: "To the nasty bullying-bloggers who seem to get a kick out of picking apart, psychoanalyzing, and objectifying complete strangers...Why not take a long look in the mirror and worry about yourself?"
As Us Weekly previously reported, Joel stunned at her sold-out show on April 1. Her rep told Us, "She's simply matured into a beautiful young woman."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite