Amy Winehouse's Desperate Calls to Dr. Drew in Her Final Days
- Photo: WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News4 of 19
- Photo: Splash News5 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 19
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 19
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 19
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 19
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 19
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN18 of 19
"Believe it or not she was trying to contact me," said Dr. Drew, explaining that he wasn't aware of her attempts at getting in touch with him until after her death. "We could have maybe gotten her over here to someplace really good."
When asked if Amy's tragic passing could serve as a warning to addicts, Dr. Drew was pessimistic that the point would get across, saying, "That's the craziness of addiction - the denial of addiction and the stinking thinking of addiction serves addiction nearly always."
Dr. Drew went on to offer a positive note, telling the morning DJs that he had heard that Brooke Mueller was using Amy's death as a motivating factor in her sobriety.
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Dwayne Johnson chats "Furious 7" and dishes on his teen daughter's love of trucks with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTKids' choice '15
From Crowd Ignite