Appeals court sides with J.Lo in home video fight
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.2 of 19
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 19
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Ahmad Elatab/Splash News4 of 19
- Photo: Riquet/Bauer-Griffin5 of 19
- Photo: Ronald Asadorian/Splash News6 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com9 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: WINSLOW TOWNSON/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty; Todd Williamson/WireImage; Jim Spellman/WireImage/.15 of 19
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.16 of 19
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.17 of 19
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Digital18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- An appeals court sided Friday with Jennifer Lopez and ordered that an invasion of privacy lawsuit she filed against her first husband be handled in arbitration rather than through a public court case.
The ruling by California's 2nd District Court of Appeal states that Lopez's attorneys provided a Los Angeles judge with plenty of information supporting her request that she had a binding arbitration agreement with ex-husband Ojani Noa.
Lopez sued Noa for $10 million in November 2009 after he and his agent announced plans to use portions of 11 hours of home videos to produce a movie based on the couple's relationship. The couple was married in 1997, but the union lasted just 11 months.
A settlement agreement between the two prohibits Noa from "disclosing for monetary gain any private or intimate details about Lopez or Noa's relationship with Lopez." It also binds any of his agents to the same terms.
The videos, which both sides agree does not depict the singer and actress in sexual situations, have been blocked for release by a judge. Noa's agent, Ed Meyer, however threatened to release clips from the videos earlier this year, which prompted a judge to order them to be stored in a bank safe deposit box with restricted access in June.
The court ordered Friday that Meyer is also subject to the arbitration provisions. He wrote in an email that he will appeal the ruling to the California Supreme Court. Noa's attorney, Christopher Lauria, did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.
Lopez, 42, won $545,000 in damages and attorney fees in 2007 in another lawsuit that blocked Noa from publishing a ghostwritten tell-all book.
She and her third husband, singer Marc Anthony, announced earlier this month that they were ending their seven-year marriage.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite