Avril Lavigne Files for Divorce From Deryck Whibley
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News1 of 5
- Photo: Max Butterworth/Sam Sharma/Pacific Coast News2 of 5
- Photo: Adrian Varnedoe/ Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 5
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Avril Lavigne has filed for divorce from Deryck Whibley.
The singer, 25, cites "irreconcilable differences" in court paperwork, according to TMZ.com. She's not asking for spousal support, and has also requested not to pay spousal support to Whibley.
Us Weekly first reported on Sept. 17 that the pair had called it quits after three years and one month of marriage.
"She dumped him and told him she was leaving him. She wants to move on," a source told Us, adding that she forced him out of their $9.5 million, 12,000-square-foot estate in L.A.'s Bel Air community. Whibley, 29, "is crushed," another insider told Us then.
The following day, Lavigne confirmed on her blog that she was separating from her Sum 41 rocker husband.
"Deryck and I have been together for six and a half years," she wrote. "We have been friends since I was 17, started dating when I was 19, and married when I was 21."
"I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship. I admire Deryck and have a great amount of respect for him. He is the most amazing person I know, and I love him with all my heart," she went on. "Deryck and I are separating and moving forward on a positive note."
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite