Beckham sues publisher over prostitute claims
- Photo: Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lawyers for David Beckham have filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles alleging that a magazine knowingly published false claims that the soccer superstar had sex with prostitutes.
The suit filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court accuses Delaware-based Bauer Publishing Company LP and its affiliates of libel, slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress for the In Touch magazine article.
The suit also names 26-year-old Irma Nici, who is quoted as saying she was a call girl who slept with Beckham five times in 2007. She claims he also had sex with a second prostitute.
Beckham publicist Jeff Raymond says suits are being filed in other jurisdictions including Germany, where Bauer's parent corporation is located.
An e-mail to Bauer late Friday was not returned.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite