Justin Bieber auctions snake for charity
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: WENN/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Star Magazine/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: WENN13 of 15
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks14 of 15
Singer Justin Bieber is auctioning the snake he brought as his date to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards to raise money for charity.
The teen star posed with a baby boa constrictor on the red carpet at the Los Angeles prize-giving in August (2011), telling reporters the pet's name was Johnson.
Now he's donated the reptile to a celebrity auction and will hand over the proceeds to Pencils of Promise, an organization which funds schools in the poorest parts of the world.
A message on the CharityBuzz website warns fans, "Keeping a pet snake is a long term responsibility. Before making any decision about keeping one, please ensure you have the money, space, knowledge, time, resources and enthusiasm required to properly care for the species you intend to keep, for the duration of its life."
The winner must also guarantee necessary veterinary care will be provided.
Johnson is expected to fetch $1,000.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »