Justin Bieber auctions snake for charity
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Star Magazine/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks15 of 16
Singer Justin Bieber is auctioning the snake he brought as his date to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards to raise money for charity.
The teen star posed with a baby boa constrictor on the red carpet at the Los Angeles prize-giving in August (2011), telling reporters the pet's name was Johnson.
Now he's donated the reptile to a celebrity auction and will hand over the proceeds to Pencils of Promise, an organization which funds schools in the poorest parts of the world.
A message on the CharityBuzz website warns fans, "Keeping a pet snake is a long term responsibility. Before making any decision about keeping one, please ensure you have the money, space, knowledge, time, resources and enthusiasm required to properly care for the species you intend to keep, for the duration of its life."
The winner must also guarantee necessary veterinary care will be provided.
Johnson is expected to fetch $1,000.
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Find out all about Hilary's experience with the dating app on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Elizabeth Banks, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Mariah Carey's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Julianne Moore; check out these Golden Globe Nominees' style.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »