Billy Joel undergoes surgery on bad hip
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: © Rob Kim/Retna Digital2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Rocker Billy Joel will be putting his feet up over the Thanksgiving holiday after undergoing double hip surgery in New York last weekend.
The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks, and relied on the cane when he celebrated the grand opening of his motorcycle showroom, 20th Century Cycles, in Oyster Bay, Long Island earlier this month.
When he stopped by Howard Stern's studio to do an interview last week, he was noticeably weak, according to E!.
"He looked so frail, he was struggling to get around, to walk it looked like," a source who saw Joel on Nov. 16 tells the website. "He had crutches and was moving slowly, kind of dragging them on the ground and grunting. People with him were being very patient, and he was nice and seemed in a good mood, just moving pretty slow."
Joel recently admitted he was raring to get back on stage and start touring again after taking time off to rest his hip.
RELATED: Read more about Billy Joel on MSN
He said, "This is the longest time I've had off in I don't know how long -- and I had fun. But I'm ready to start playing again."
On Wednesday, Christie Brinkley told RadarOnline that her ex-husband was "coming through with flying colors," following the surgery.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite