Britney Spears: If I Weren't Famous, I'd Be a Teacher
- Photo: © RD/ Jay Valena/ Retna Digital/Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: CHRIS GARDNER/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Yes ma'am, Mrs. Spears.
What would Britney Spears be doing today if she weren't a pop star? Teaching! In an interview with PopJustice.com, the 29-year-old mother of two opens up about the career choices she might have made if she hadn't reached international stardom at a young age.
"I'd probably be a teacher," she tells the site. "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute."
"I'd specialize in reading and history," she says, adding that her favorite historical period is the 1920s.
So even if "Baby One More Time" had just been a one-hit-wonder back in 1998, Spears says she'd still be "raising my family [and] being a mom" today.
Her sons, Sean Preston, 5, and Jayden, 4, are her top priority. "I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff," she says. "So [even if I weren't famous] it would probably be pretty much the same."
If either of her sons ever wants to pursue a career in the industry, she'll let them follow in her footsteps. "I'd definitely keep an eye on them, but if that's what they wanted to do then I'd let them go after it," she says. "I'd just be very protective."
"I wouldn't want them to go into it feeling fearful, and also nobody can really prepare you for this industry and what you experience," she says. "So I'd just have to trust that they have the instincts to know what's right and wrong and help guide them along the way. I think I have the experience."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge share photos from their work trip to Hawaii on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Kendall's fabulous new fashion career on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite