Britney Spears' Mom Lynne on Sam Lutfi Days: 'I Was Very Worried'
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 25
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com2 of 25
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN3 of 25
- Photo: MFA/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage5 of 25
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage7 of 25
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter8 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 25
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 25
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 25
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital12 of 25
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.13 of 25
- Photo: Arnold Wells/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 25
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN16 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet17 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage18 of 25
- Photo: Elizabeth Arden/Promotional19 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: CPG/DH4/LBG/ZOJ/WENN21 of 25
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter22 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage23 of 25
- Photo: Twitter/.24 of 25
Lynne Spears testified in a Los Angeles court on Friday, Oct. 26 to recount her famous daughter Britney Spears' darkest days in 2007 and 2008 -- when the pop star, now 31, had cut off ties from her family and former team, and had hired Sam Lutfi as her manager.
In the high-profile civil case, Lutfi is suing for unpaid compensation during the period in question; he is also suing Lynne for defamation, thanks to Lynne's 2008 memoir, "Through the Storm," in which she accused Lutfi of drugging the "Toxic" singer and keeping her away from the family.
On the stands, Lynne got emotional and teary as she claimed that Lutfi had said he'd unplugged Britney's house phone, hidden her cell phone, and put ground-up pills in her food.
"Those are his exact words," Lynne said. Calling Lutfi a "predator" and "puppet master" who "hovered over my daughter and tried to insert himself in every aspect of her life," Lynne admitted to stopped short of calling the police.
"I was very worried. I kept trying to get her away from there ... I didn't know what to do."
Lynne (who is also mother to daughter Jamie Lynn and son Bryan) was home in Kentwood, La. when she received a call from Lufti on Jan. 3, 2008 -- an infamous night when Britney was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Earlier this week, Lutfi took the stands to detail Spears' alleged drug use -- and claimed that her father, Jamie Spears, punched him in the stomach and threatened his life. Testimony resumes on Tuesday.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Britney Spears' Mom Lynne on Sam Lutfi Days: "I Was Very Worried"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From the once seemingly aloof bachelor to the now ever-adoring husband, check out George Clooney's transformation.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Learn how to recreate Emmy Rossum's fresh-faced look on Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out how Duchess Kate and Prince William are coping with little sleep on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »