Britney Spears' Mom Lynne on Sam Lutfi Days: 'I Was Very Worried'
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 25
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com2 of 25
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN3 of 25
- Photo: MFA/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage5 of 25
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage7 of 25
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter8 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 25
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 25
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 25
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital12 of 25
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.13 of 25
- Photo: Arnold Wells/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 25
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN16 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet17 of 25
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage18 of 25
- Photo: Elizabeth Arden/Promotional19 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: CPG/DH4/LBG/ZOJ/WENN21 of 25
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter22 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage23 of 25
- Photo: Twitter/.24 of 25
Lynne Spears testified in a Los Angeles court on Friday, Oct. 26 to recount her famous daughter Britney Spears' darkest days in 2007 and 2008 -- when the pop star, now 31, had cut off ties from her family and former team, and had hired Sam Lutfi as her manager.
In the high-profile civil case, Lutfi is suing for unpaid compensation during the period in question; he is also suing Lynne for defamation, thanks to Lynne's 2008 memoir, "Through the Storm," in which she accused Lutfi of drugging the "Toxic" singer and keeping her away from the family.
On the stands, Lynne got emotional and teary as she claimed that Lutfi had said he'd unplugged Britney's house phone, hidden her cell phone, and put ground-up pills in her food.
"Those are his exact words," Lynne said. Calling Lutfi a "predator" and "puppet master" who "hovered over my daughter and tried to insert himself in every aspect of her life," Lynne admitted to stopped short of calling the police.
"I was very worried. I kept trying to get her away from there ... I didn't know what to do."
Lynne (who is also mother to daughter Jamie Lynn and son Bryan) was home in Kentwood, La. when she received a call from Lufti on Jan. 3, 2008 -- an infamous night when Britney was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Earlier this week, Lutfi took the stands to detail Spears' alleged drug use -- and claimed that her father, Jamie Spears, punched him in the stomach and threatened his life. Testimony resumes on Tuesday.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Britney Spears' Mom Lynne on Sam Lutfi Days: "I Was Very Worried"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Nicole Kidman, Felicity Jones, and Marion Cotillard all get an F for their Oscar gowns.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
Jennifer Garner dishes on the most important lesson she's teaching her kids with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Kate Moss, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Rihanna all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
"Furious 7" Love
Check out the "Furious 7" cast love on social media!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTcouple's night
From Crowd Ignite