Carey: 'Cannon is my first love'
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures2 of 12
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.3 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 12
Mariah Carey fell in love for the first time when she met husband Nick Cannon.
The pop superstar was previously married to music mogul Tommy Mottola, who she has accused of "mental" and "emotional" abuse during their five-year union.
RELATED: See more pics of Mariah Carey
Carey has dismissed all her previous relationships as "puppy love," insisting she never experienced true romantic feelings until she began dating Cannon in 2008.
In a candid interview with U.S. talk show host Larry King, Carey was asked whether she fell in love for the first time with Cannon.
She replied, "Yes, I did."
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
The singer adds, "Reflection is an interesting thing. Yes, when I was very young, I was like, this is amazing that somebody wants to take care of me and help me, but not realizing it was a two-way street and I was doing the same thing for them. And so, it was kind of stifling, yes. And other situations I was in, like puppy love. Nothing like the real thing."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »