Carrie Underwood on Marriage: 'Time Apart Is Important'
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/ACMA2012/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: CHITOSE SUZUKI/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: Fernando Leon/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF12 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF14 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF15 of 16
But before the Canadian hockey player pledged to spend his life with her forever, Underwood -- whose exes include Tony Romo, Travis Stork and Chace Crawford -- "had my share of loves gone wrong," she says. "But I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend. I'm finally happy in love, so there's a reason some things don't work out."
She explains: "At the time, it seems like the world is ending, but then something great comes out of it and you realize everyone ended up exactly where they belong."
And Underwood -- who recently released her fourth CD, "Blown Away" -- is exactly where she's meant to be with Fisher.
"We don't bring our work home with us very often," she tells Us. "Because we're so busy, we make our time together count, like by going on date nights. And while we love being together, we also realize time apart is important, so we try not to crowd each other. I love a good girls' night out just like he loves hanging out with his friends."
When they are together, "we're the most normal couple in the world," the country star says. "What I enjoy most is a quiet day at home with Mike and our doggies. We watch a lot of TV -- I've seen every episode of American Idol this season, and we love 'Modern Family' and 'The Walking Dead.'"
For the time being, Underwood, 29, and her husband, 31, are happy living in a two-person household. "We're not looking to have children any time too soon," she tells Us. "Both of our lives are so crazy. Something would drastically have to change in our schedules before we can entertain the idea. But for now, married life is wonderful."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood on Marriage: "Time Apart Is Important"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Find out all about Hilary's experience with the dating app on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Do blondes or brunettes have more fun? Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara dish at the Los Angeles premiere of "Hot Pursuit."Watch Video »
Watch this trailer for Cameron Diaz's and Jason Segel's new movie "Bad Teacher."Watch Video »
Brooke Shields: 'Skanky' on 'The Middle'
Brooke Shields goes trashy -- sporting a mullet, a tattoo, a cold sore and drinking beer -- but...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »