Celine Dion is pregnant with twins
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Lynne Sladky/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: THIBAULT CAMUS/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Graham Hughes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Jennifer Odell
It took six tries, but Celine Dion is pregnant with twins thanks to in-vitro fertilization, a rep for the singer confirmed to GossipCop.com.
RELATED: More famous midlife moms
Dion, 42, and her husband/manager Rene Angelil made headlines last fall when their announcement that she was pregnant was quickly followed by the news that the embryo had not taken. She's now 14 weeks along, according to People.com.
The couple, who wed in 1994, do not know whether the twins will be boys or girls, according to Dion's rep.
RELATED: Hollywood's hottest moms
"I never gave up," Dion tells UsWeekly, explaining her commitment to the fertilization procedures. "But I can tell you that it was physically and mentally exhausting."
After spending six weeks in New York for treatments related to the IVF, she was finally rewarded by her doctors by the sound of her babies' heartbeats.
"It's stressful but I'm relaxing. I look at my little belly. I do almost nothing," she tells Us. "If you tell me I have to stay in bed, I will stay in bed until November, when the babies are born. To bring them into the world, there's nothing more important than that. It's incredible."
Dion's husband, 58, is equally excited about the good news.
"We're ecstatic," Angelil tells People.com. "Celine is just hoping for a healthy pregnancy. She was hoping for one baby and the news that we are having two is a double blessing."
RELATED: Follow Hollywood's baby boom
Dion also has a 9-year-old son named Rene-Charles.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite