Cher upsets church group with alleged slur
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: PF1/.2 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Ed Bailey/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 16
Cher has upset Mormons by using a derogatory term in a Twitter attack on presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.
The pop superstar, who is a fervent Democrat, sent out a tweet on Friday, urging President Obama and his aides to get organized or risk losing November's election to Republican Romney, who is a Mormon.
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
Cher wrote, "I Feel if he (Obama) doesn't get all his DUCKS IN A ROW we'll b forced 2 listen 2Uncaring Richy Rich! The whitest man in MAGIC UNDERWEAR in the WH (White House)."
Her remarks have upset prominent members of the Mormon church, who wear formal garments known as "celestial underwear." The term "magic underwear" is considered offensive.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Mormons took to Twitter in droves to take aim at Cher, with one calling her an "anti-Mormon bigot", and another stating, "I guess she is another example of a celebrity who surrounds themselves with people who always tell them what they want to hear so that they don't have
to think before they speak or tweet in this case."
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite