Chris Brown ordered back to DC court on Jan. 8
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 11
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 11
WASHINGTON (AP) -- R&B singer Chris Brown's next court appearance in Washington is now scheduled for Jan. 8.
RELATED: Courtroom couture
A D.C. Superior Court judge granted the new date Monday. Brown's attorneys successfully argued that he should not be forced to leave anger management rehabilitation in Los Angeles to travel to Washington for Monday's hearing.
Brown was ordered into rehab last week following a Los Angeles court appearance.
Brown and bodyguard Christopher Hollosy will be required to appear at the next hearing. They were arrested last month on charges of punching a man outside a hotel who tried to jump into a picture with the singer. Brown faces a misdemeanor assault charge.
RELATED: Stars with sticky fingers
His lawyers sought the delay because they said they haven't had an opportunity to review evidence with him.
Get all the scoop on "The Bachelorette" on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
'Bachelor' Women’s 'Bachelorette' Picks
During "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love: After the Final Rose" wrap-up of the season, the name...Watch Video »
From Kate Hudson to Tyra Banks, check out these gorgeous stars sans makeup!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite