Chris Brown sued over recording studio altercation
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP10 of 11
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A man who claims he was punched and kicked by a member of Chris Brown's entourage during a fight at a recording studio is suing the R&B singer for assault and battery.
Sha'keir Duarte sued Brown on Tuesday for unspecified damages in Los Angeles.
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos called it a frivolous lawsuit and vowed to have it dismissed.
Duarte claims he was beaten by a member of Brown's entourage identified in the suit only as "Hood" during a fight over a parking spot. The fight at Westlake Recording Studios erupted on Jan. 27 between the entourages of Brown and fellow singer Frank Ocean.
Duarte's lawsuit says Brown taunted him and threatened that the fight could escalate into a shooting, which Duarte claims left him afraid for his life.
RELATED: How celebs say they're sorry
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »