Chris Brown sued over recording studio altercation
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP10 of 11
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A man who claims he was punched and kicked by a member of Chris Brown's entourage during a fight at a recording studio is suing the R&B singer for assault and battery.
Sha'keir Duarte sued Brown on Tuesday for unspecified damages in Los Angeles.
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos called it a frivolous lawsuit and vowed to have it dismissed.
Duarte claims he was beaten by a member of Brown's entourage identified in the suit only as "Hood" during a fight over a parking spot. The fight at Westlake Recording Studios erupted on Jan. 27 between the entourages of Brown and fellow singer Frank Ocean.
Duarte's lawsuit says Brown taunted him and threatened that the fight could escalate into a shooting, which Duarte claims left him afraid for his life.
RELATED: How celebs say they're sorry
Khloe Kardashian gets wild at a zoo in Sydney on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Check out Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady's cutest family moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
From Jennifer Aniston to David Schwimmer, check out the cast of "Friends" then and now!Watch Video »