Chris Brown's father urges son to keep Rihanna at a distance
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE1 of 23
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 23
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire for The Recording Academy/WireImage5 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 23
- Photo: KMazur for J Records/WireImage8 of 23
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 23
- Photo: WENN/WireImage11 of 23
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com12 of 23
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 23
- Photo: WENN14 of 23
- Photo: Instagram/Twitter15 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN17 of 23
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage18 of 23
- Photo: L. Busacca for Jive Records/WireImage19 of 23
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN20 of 23
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP21 of 23
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP22 of 23
Chris Brown's father has urged the singer to dial back his friendship with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, insisting it would be best for his career if he keeps his distance.
The former couple recently put aside their tumultuous past to work together on two new tracks, but the pair's collaborations infuriated fans of Rihanna, who were upset by the news she had reteamed with the ex who left her black and blue after a pre-Grammy Awards fight in 2009.
Brown's dad, Clinton Brown, has voiced his concerns about a possible reunion, revealing he has advised his son to stay away from Rihanna to prevent further problems.
He tells Star magazine, "I do not condone everything that goes on with Chris, but I love my son with all my being. I am always concerned about him. ... He can make his own decisions. But, as a concerned parent, I would rather they not have any involvement."
But Brown's dad assures fans upset by the former couple's ongoing relationship that there's nothing romantic going on: "He said, 'We are friends, and that's the extent of it.' But when you're that emotionally involved with someone and have a history, it could cause problems. Sometimes you need to cut the strings and move beyond the past."
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Take a look at some of Katy Perry's most talked-about looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Blake Lively and Duchess Kate's growing baby bumps on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Paris Hilton all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian shares pictures from her recent trip to Disneyland on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »