Chris Brown's father urges son to keep Rihanna at a distance
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE1 of 23
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 23
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire for The Recording Academy/WireImage5 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 23
- Photo: KMazur for J Records/WireImage8 of 23
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 23
- Photo: WENN/WireImage11 of 23
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com12 of 23
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage13 of 23
- Photo: WENN14 of 23
- Photo: Instagram/Twitter15 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN17 of 23
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage18 of 23
- Photo: L. Busacca for Jive Records/WireImage19 of 23
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN20 of 23
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP21 of 23
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP22 of 23
Chris Brown's father has urged the singer to dial back his friendship with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, insisting it would be best for his career if he keeps his distance.
The former couple recently put aside their tumultuous past to work together on two new tracks, but the pair's collaborations infuriated fans of Rihanna, who were upset by the news she had reteamed with the ex who left her black and blue after a pre-Grammy Awards fight in 2009.
Brown's dad, Clinton Brown, has voiced his concerns about a possible reunion, revealing he has advised his son to stay away from Rihanna to prevent further problems.
He tells Star magazine, "I do not condone everything that goes on with Chris, but I love my son with all my being. I am always concerned about him. ... He can make his own decisions. But, as a concerned parent, I would rather they not have any involvement."
But Brown's dad assures fans upset by the former couple's ongoing relationship that there's nothing romantic going on: "He said, 'We are friends, and that's the extent of it.' But when you're that emotionally involved with someone and have a history, it could cause problems. Sometimes you need to cut the strings and move beyond the past."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »