Chris Martin: Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Only Serious Relationship I've Ever Had
- Photo: Paul Hadfield/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: RM3/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: RG4/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 20
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images North America11 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com12 of 20
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: Nathan Strange/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: DWC/ZDS/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks17 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/Will Alexander/WENN19 of 20
Chris Martin isn't about to take Gwyneth Paltrow for granted.
The 34-year-old feels really lucky to be married to the GOOP Goddess, and not just because she's the only serious romance he's ever had.
In an interview with "CBS Sunday Morning," Anthony Mason asked Martin if it was true that he'd only had "one serious relationship."
"[That's] right," the Coldplay frontman said. "I'm in it."
When Mason pointed out that Martin's lack of serious girlfriends in the past was "pretty unusual" and told him he'd made "quite a leap," the musician quipped: "It's a big leap? What, from being a loser, to going out with an Oscar winner?"
He laughingly continued: "It's a giant leap. Let's face it: it's like winning the lottery."
Martin and Paltrow, who said "I do" in 2003, are parents to Moses, 5, and Apple, 7.
So how has being a father changed Martin's professional life? "It's made it more focused," he said. "And you have a purpose. I like what it does. Just the idea of having to work hard so your kids are okay."
Anthony Mason's full interview with Coldplay and Chris Martin airs Oct. 16 at 9 a.m. EST on CBS Sunday Morning.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »