Christina Aguilera Files for Divorce
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Chris Polk/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Castro/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Citing "irreconcilable differences," she filed papers Thursday, TMZ reports. She lists the date of separation as Sept. 11, 2010.
According to papers, the two had a prenup.
The divorce petition asks that "earnings and accumulations of [Aguilera] before marriage, during marriage and from and after the date of separation" be considered separate property.
The petition also seeks to terminate Bratman's ability to get child support.
Aguilera is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child, Max, who is 2.
She is being represented by Laura Wasser.
"Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever," she told Us Tuesday in a statement on Tuesday.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite