- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram2 of 9
- Photo: kimkardashian/Instagram3 of 9
- Photo: lala/Instagram4 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram5 of 9
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Jessica Wedemeyer, reporting by Heather Newgen
Ciara is certainly keeping up with the Kardashians. Well, with bestie Kim Kardashian, at least! The singer is set to follow in her famous friend's footsteps when she welcomes her first child later this year, and she couldn't be more excited about the prospect of sharing her experience as a first-time mom with her longtime pal.
"We haven't talked about play dates, but we've talked about when my baby comes and the fun we can have [together] as moms," Ciara told Wonderwall at the Safe Kids Day celebration in Los Angeles.
RELATED: Celeb girlfriends
The "Like a Boy" singer has also tapped her BFF, who attended her baby shower in March, as a resource for surprisingly practical parenting advice: "One thing [Kim] said that I believe is so true is that you kind of create your own system [of parenting] that works for you," Ciara said "There are things I can't talk about -- like breastfeeding … But she showed me how [the stroller I love] moves and how it works. We've had really fun moments like that."
In addition to getting the lowdown on parenting from her famous friend, Ciara -- who admits gearing up for her new addition is "more of a mental prep for me right now" -- is putting the finishing touches on her baby's bedroom and finding joy in the small miracles of pregnancy.
RELATED: Celebs having babies in 2014
"What has been fun at times is feeling my baby randomly kick," she said. "I'll just be sitting there and I don't know how or when the kicks are going to come. It's a crazy but sweet feeling."
Another sweet feeling? The support of her fiance and the father of her child, rapper Future.
"He's been so sweet," Ciara gushed. "I think sometimes I drive him crazy, but it's been really cool. We found a good balance so I'm enjoying it."
Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge share photos from their work trip to Hawaii on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite