Cissy Houston writing book about Whitney Houston
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital8 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional10 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) -- Whitney Houston's triumphant, heartbreaking life is being remembered in a book by her mother.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Singer Cissy Houston has a deal with HarperCollins for a memoir it says will reveal the "unabridged and unbelievable story" of her Grammy Award-winning daughter, who died in a Beverly Hills, Calif., hotel bathtub in February at age 48.
HarperCollins announced Monday the currently untitled book is scheduled to come out next February.
Financial terms haven't been disclosed. But a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney Houston sang as a child.
HarperCollins says Cissy Houston will write about her daughter's drug problems and her marriage to Bobby Brown and will reflect on her own grief.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »