Courtney Love Denies Wages Claim by Ex-Assistant
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Courtney Love disputes a lawsuit filed by a former assistant, who is suing the rocker over unpaid wages and claiming she made unethical requests, including instructing her to hire a hacker and falsify legal letters.
Jessica Labrie filed the wrongful termination, wage and breach of contract lawsuit in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
"The allegations are completely unfounded and are being made with malice by a disgruntled former employee," Love said in a statement released Wednesday.
The suit states Labrie worked as Love's administrative assistant for about a year in 2010 and 2011 but was fired after complaining she was owed thousands in unpaid wages and expenses for business trips. The lawsuit claims Labrie suffered from headaches, insomnia and other medical conditions as a result of Love's conduct.
Her attorney, Joshua Gruenberg, says Love wanted a hacker to change records to businesses she owned or believed she owned, but Labrie refused.
Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge share photos from their work trip to Hawaii on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite