Demi Lovato shows love for Joe Jonas after his candid tell-all
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 10
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: AB1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: KB4/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: FS2/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Demi Lovato has responded to her ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas' recent candid interview, in which he detailed their short-lived romance and her struggle with drug abuse.
RELATED: Stars behaving badly
The Jonas Brothers heartthrob came clean in a candid interview with New York Magazine that was released on Sunday, in which he opened up for the first time about his month-long relationship with his "Camp Rock" co-star.
In the piece he says, "I really got to know her and got to see the ins and outs of what she was struggling with, like drug abuse. I felt like I needed to take care of her, but at the same time I was living a lie, because I wasn't happy but felt like I had to stay in it for her, because she needed help. I couldn't express any of that, of course, because I had a brand to protect."
He continues, "It was an insane situation to be in. Things kept building up, and Demi ended up punching a girl in the face on a plane, because she thought the girl was blaming her for something. Everybody gasped, and the girl just started bleeding. That's when her team and her family told her, 'You need to go into rehab.' I remember being in South America, and fans immediately jumped to the conclusion that we kicked her off the 2010 tour, and they just hated on us for it."
RELATED: Disney stars: Where are they now?
Lovato subsequently went to rehab for her drug addiction and depression issues, and has been sober ever since, and on Monday, she took to Twitter to show her support for her old pal.
She wrote, "@joejonas love you brother. #family/friendsforever."
Demi has previously stated that while she was immediately enraged after their breakup, they have since mended their relationship and are still friends.
She told "Nightline," "I can fortunately say that him, and his brother Nick (Jonas), have always been there for me and are literally family, and like brothers. ... We have a great friendship. And we may not be as close as we used to be, but that's OK."
RELATED: Demi Lovato's changing hair
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite