Demi Lovato Taking a Twitter Break
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: promotional/Seventeen7 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/Seventeen8 of 16
- Photo: promotional/Seventeen9 of 16
- Photo: promotional/Seventeen10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.14 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter15 of 16
Demi Lovato's 5.6 million-plus Twitter followers will have to follow someone else for the time being.
On Saturday, the Disney starlet and singer, 20, announced she's departing the microblogging site for a time.
"Can't please everyone," the "Skyscraper" singer wrote. "Twitter break. It's for the best actually. Who allows me to have this thing anyways?!!! I just get myself in trouble! Haha. Anyway... BYE!"
Perhaps. Lovato has gotten into more than feuds and debates over Twitter; she's defended herself against critics of her weight, and most recently slammed her old employer, Disney, for a joke about eating disorders on its show "Shake It Up."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Gisele Bundchen remembers her first runway, plus more supermodels' big week on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Blake Lively chats motherhood, HGTV and rocking an amazing wardrobe in "The Age of Adaline" on Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Check out Duchess Kate's chic yet budget-friendly looks during her second pregnancy.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The ladies of "Pretty Little Liars" take New York City by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sam Smith looks happy and healthy while enjoying the sights in New Zealand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »