DJ AM Left $1 Million Estate - But No Will
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: Fixed Focal/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Macpherson/St.Clair/Splash News7 of 8
DJ AM's mother Andrea Gross wants to be appointed special administrator of her late son's estate to settle his financial matters, according to court papers filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
The celebrity deejay (real name Adam Goldstein) -- who did not have a will at the time of his death -- left his mother as his sole heir.
According to court papers, he had an annual gross income of $3.5 million and other property valued at $400,000. With a debt of $2.9 million, his estate is valued at approximately $1 million.
The filing, which states that Goldstein had no spouse or children, also includes that Goldstein was in the process of selling a home in Los Angeles before his death.
His mother is seeking court permission to recover his personal belongings.
A hearing has been set for Oct. 7.
Goldstein, who died last week at age 36 of an apparent drug overdose, is reportedly being buried in Los Angeles Wednesday afternoon.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com: