Election officials defend special voting for Usher
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola for Pencils of Promise/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: https://www.facebook.com/usher/.4 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.7 of 16
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Hip-O Records/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LA-TOM/DS-ISM/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) — Election officials in the Atlanta area are defending their decision to allow singer Usher to bypass long lines and cast his ballot on Election Day, infuriating voters who had to wait.
RELATED: Celebritweets: Election Edition
Fulton County election officials tell WSB-TV that Usher Raymond IV was escorted to the front of the line to minimize distractions at his Roswell polling place. They said in a statement that poll manager Frank Padula was directed to move Usher through the process as quickly as possible.
WSB reports that Usher took cellphone pictures of himself voting, then posted them on Twitter.
Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann questioned the decision. Hausmann said she can think of only a few people who might deserve such treatment, such as people with disabilities, the elderly and voters with small children.
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite