Election officials defend special voting for Usher
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola for Pencils of Promise/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: https://www.facebook.com/usher/.4 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.7 of 16
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Hip-O Records/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LA-TOM/DS-ISM/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) — Election officials in the Atlanta area are defending their decision to allow singer Usher to bypass long lines and cast his ballot on Election Day, infuriating voters who had to wait.
RELATED: Celebritweets: Election Edition
Fulton County election officials tell WSB-TV that Usher Raymond IV was escorted to the front of the line to minimize distractions at his Roswell polling place. They said in a statement that poll manager Frank Padula was directed to move Usher through the process as quickly as possible.
WSB reports that Usher took cellphone pictures of himself voting, then posted them on Twitter.
Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann questioned the decision. Hausmann said she can think of only a few people who might deserve such treatment, such as people with disabilities, the elderly and voters with small children.
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »