Elton John confirms birth of second son
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News13 of 14
Sir Elton John has finally confirmed he is a father for the second time.
Rumors suggesting that John and his partner David Furnish had welcomed another tot via a surrogate began to swirl last week, but on Thursday a representative for the couple denied the reports.
And it seems the world's media was a little early with the big news; the baby was actually born in Los Angeles on Friday, and now the music legend has officially announced the arrival of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
A statement from the pair to Hello! magazine reads, "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The couple's first son, Zachary, was born on Christmas Day in 2010.
RELATED: Stars who adopt
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »