Elton John confirms birth of second son
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News13 of 14
Sir Elton John has finally confirmed he is a father for the second time.
Rumors suggesting that John and his partner David Furnish had welcomed another tot via a surrogate began to swirl last week, but on Thursday a representative for the couple denied the reports.
And it seems the world's media was a little early with the big news; the baby was actually born in Los Angeles on Friday, and now the music legend has officially announced the arrival of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
A statement from the pair to Hello! magazine reads, "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The couple's first son, Zachary, was born on Christmas Day in 2010.
RELATED: Stars who adopt
Top 5 BIG Hollywood Hairstyles
We look at the top 5 biggest hairdos in hollywood.Watch Video »
Check out the hottest looks that Kim Kardashian has donned since becoming a mom.Watch Video »
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite